6-slot chassis in AXIe-0 format.
Within the standard:
Chassis supplies Ethernet resources according to AXIe 1.0 standard for each slot.
Cooling block provides 3 modes of operation:
- 30% of coolers speed
- 70% of coolers speed
- 100% of coolers speed
Each slot is provided with a general 48V supply. Recommend module’s power consumption is up to 200 Watts.
- - 437õ367õ220 mm
- - Number of slots – 6
- - Slot’s internal dimensions: 290x320x30 mm.
Interfacing with instruments
Chassis’s system module provides Ethernet switch of 2nd level (10/100/1000 base-T) for each instrument (module). 2 ports are presented on the front panel of a system module for communication with an external computer or with an embedded computer. A 12V supply is provided for embedded computer with consumption current up to 10A.
Computer’s programming environment uses LXI protocol for identification and configuration of instruments (modules). Viewing and editing of configuration’s parameters is done through WEB interface. After identification of instruments software can use high-speed non-SCPI protocols supported by module’s IVI drivers, or it can use SCPI protocols.
Application. The chassis can be used for:
- building instrumental systems for testing and measuring parameters of digital, analog and RF devices, automated complexes and systems;
- creation of data storages and for control of database servers;
- realization of complicated complexes and control systems.
Advantages against other standards:
- Compared to PXI – less costly and more ability to provide functionality and power to instruments (modules);
- Compared to ATCA è AXIe-1 less costly approximately by half but PCIe is not supported;
- Can be used in applications that don’t require organization of high-speed data stream (>Gb/sec)
In 2007 Holding "Informtest" got the status of VXIbus Consortium Sponsor Member.
Holding Informtest is an “Informational Member” of the LXI Consortium since 2007.
In 2012 Informtest Holding became the first and only Russian control equipment producer, admitted to the international AXIe Consortium.