TEST-9110-VXI is designed as an automated system for testing of cables. The system is capable of the following tests:
- Continuity Resistance Measurement of connections (each connection or net)
- Isolation Resistance Measurement of connections
- Isolation Durability Test of connection
- Capacitance measurement
The system TEST-9110-VXI is designed as a modular system based on open international standard VXIbus. The main purpose of the system is to provide a number of automated tests for different types of cables used in such important areas as aviation, control systems of continuous manufacturing, various energy objects. The system can also be used for testing of bare PCBs and for installation quality control of electrical blocks before they are included in an important system and powered up.
The system’s modular structure allows it to be expanded from 200 channels (minimum amount of channels in the system) to 30000 channels (maximum amount of channels in the system).
In most cases the system is supplied with a patch panel. A patch panel is used to establish connection between the system and object under the test. Usage of patch panel in not required but highly recommended as it brings the following benefits:
1. By default a patch panel comes with 6P-100B( plug) connectors, however, a patch panel can be made using custom connectors. Using patch panel with custom connector makes the system very flexible and adoptable for a vast number of tested cables and other objects.
2. Patch panel insures that transition between TEST-9110-VXI and older system is a painless process, and that all that cables and object that were tested on older system can be tested on the TEST-9110 without any additional adapters or devices.
3. Connection of object under test l to the system via patch panel insures that switching modules used in the system will server much longer prolonging the live of the entire system.
The TEST-9110-VXI contains the following modules:
1. Module IS4 performs all the measurements and also forms test voltage applied to object under test. It’s features make it a unique module that performs all the functions of few devices – high precision multimeter (6,5 digits), mega ohmmeter, and high precision power supply that provides VDC and VAC.
2. Switching module VVK5 provides connection of measuring module IS4 to tested channels. VVK5 is a high voltage matrix (size 2 x 200) switching module which connection can withstand of up to 100 0DC and of up to 650 VAC. VVK5 makes use new MEDER (Germany) relays that provide unprecedented number of guaranteed relay actions (500 million and more). High quality of connection is provided by Pasitronics connectors installed on VVK5. VVK5 have the largest channel density per model among other switching modules made based on VXI standard.
3. Interface module. By default it is USB-VXI controller that provides reliable and relatively inexpensive connection of the system to a computer. A Computer can be a PC or a laptop. Other VXI controllers or embedded computers from other manufacturers can be used.
4. VXI mainframe provides housing for all the modules that make up the TEST-9110-VXI. There are few mainframes available :
-3 slot mainframe is used for maximum of 200 channels
-4 slot mainframe is used for maximum of 400 channels
-6 slot mainframe is used for maximum of 800 channels
-13 slot mainframe is used for maximum of 2200 channels.
A TEST-9110-VXI containing more than 2200 channels consist of few VXI mainframes that can also be rack mounted.
System can do measurements using 2 wires or 4 wires scheme. In case of using a 4 wires scheme VVK5 switching modules must be used in pairs. In contrast from traditional similar purpose systems, VXI architecture allows addition of any VXI modules from different manufacturers, which expands system functionality.
Modular structure allow for easy combination of smaller system into a larger one for a grater channel number. System's channel number can be easily adjusted depending on the application.
5. Software. The system is shipped with a complete set of software including self test software that reports the problem down to a specific module and channel number, and what is the likely issue. The user software AFK-9110 combines a simplicity if GUI, which provides a separate window for each test, with ability to customize test list. For standard (typical) test it is enough to just create a typical test file with test parameters and connections description. When testing blocks test can be run in any order, during the test the program will give messages to the operator that cables need to be reconnected, it will also provide graphical representation of where and which cables need to be reconnected. Also via the software the user can issue relay commands to the unit under test. Complex measurement algorithms can be described as text using simplified Russian syntax. Some typical test use special automated algorithms, that allow to find a short circuit between connections or find a problem with isolation within few seconds , even for a large number of connections, with following full detalization of founds issues. Topology test algorithm provide a full analysis of unit under the test's compliance with connection table ,and automatically outputs information about broken connections, short circuits or crossed wires. Flexible protocol system allows customizing the protocol to satisfy specific requirements. The system has many editable parameters that allow adapting it for faster measurements or for more precise measurements. Besides working in automated test mode, user can bring up the multimeter's control panel and perform manual measurements between any points of unit under test. Also the software includes a converter that automatically translates connection lists from following formats - PCAD 4.5, ORCAD, ACCEL, ASCII.
Unlike other similar systems TEST-9110 doesn't require a programmer for writing a test program. All procedures can be done by operator in the testing facility.
System makes measurements in the following modes:
-Resistance measuring (Ohmmeter);
-Isolation resistance measurement (Mega Ohmmeter);
-Electrical isolation durability test of connection
System performs following automated measurement modes:
- Continuity test of all connections;
- Short circuit test;
- Topology test;
- Resistance test of all connections;
- Electrical isolation durability test of all connections;
The system can be used to manually (interactively) make measurements in all modes between any connection points of unit under test.
In automated test modes following parameters can be set:
- Maximal allowed resistance value for continuity test;
- Maximal allowed resistance value for short circuit test (connection test between specific connection and the rest of connections);
- Test voltage value and minimal allowed isolation's resistance value for the isolation resistance test mode;
- Type of test voltage - AC or DC, Value of test voltage, test time, test duration time, and rise time of test voltage until the set value for isolation durability test.
Results of automated mode's test are registered and saved in test protocol that also contains set parameters, date and time of the performed test. A test protocol is saved in the file that can be displayed on a monitor, printed out or saved on the hard drive or portable hard drive.
Resistance measurement is done using a two wire scheme or a four wire scheme. The four wire scheme requires an even number of VVK5 switching modules. The user can choose what scheme to use.
The system provides a self test mode.
Number of channels from 200 - 30000 (divisible 200)
The system provides setting of test DC voltage in the following ranges:
The system provides setting of RMS AC voltage in a range from 100 to 650 Volts. Step is 1 Volt.
System provides setting of time duration from 1 to 60 seconds in the isolation durability test mode.
The system provides the resistance measurement o in the following ranges:
Limits of allowed relative error of resistance measurement using two wire scheme :
Limits of allowed relative error of resistance measurement using four wirewire scheme with time integration equal to one or ten periods of power feeding network:
The system provides isolation measurement and check in the range from 0.1 to 1000 MOhm.
Limits of allowed relative error of isolation measurement and check:
Where U - test DC voltage in Volts in the range from 5 Volots to 1000 Volts, RX measured isolation resistance value in MOhms in the range from 0.1 Mohm to 1000 Mohms.
At Rx < 0,001U and at Rx>3U measurement error of isolation measurement and check can't be normalized.
During the isolation measurement and check mode test voltage is turned off automatically if short circuit or isolation breakdown is detected.
In the electrical durability of isolation test mode the system turns off test voltage automatically and issues a warning that breakdown is detected if leakage current exceeds 7 mA.
Average time of resistance check and measurement of connection consisting of 2 points (connections connected with 2 channels of unit under test) is:
The value of DC current flowing through a measure resistance doesn't exceed 6 mA.
The value of voltage drop across measured resistance is:
The system provides capacity measurement in ranges:
In 2007 Holding "Informtest" got the status of VXIbus Consortium Sponsor Member.
Holding Informtest is an “Informational Member” of the LXI Consortium since 2007.
In 2012 Informtest Holding became the first and only Russian control equipment producer, admitted to the international AXIe Consortium.